Accessing Record Viewer
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Use this section to help you:
Access Record Viewer
- Navigate to https://www.discoverydataservice.net/record-viewer.
- Type your user name and password, and then click Sign in. You are then prompted to provide a one-time code.
Accessing Record Viewer for the first time
If you are accessing Record Viewer for the first time, you need to enable two-factor authentication using the Google Authenticator app.
Download the free app from the App Store or Google Play.
Follow the instructions on screen to install the app on your phone, or mobile device, and create a 6-digit code.
- Type the authentication code and then click Sign in. The Find patient screen is displayed.
Select a new patient
- Access Record Viewer.
- Search for the required patient by one or more of the following:
- Patient ID
- NHS number
- Date of birth
- Click to display all matching results.
- In the results table, select and click the required patient to display further information for that patient.
- The Care record summary screen is displayed.
Patient demographic bar
The selected patient's demographic details (name, address, gender, usual GP, NHS number organisation, date of birth, and registration status are displayed throughout Record Viewer.
Click Swap patient to select and view details for a different patient.